Those in the Midwest can access a special treat until Septempber. Cars from art deco period are on display in Nashville at the Sensuous Steel car show. This auto show quite fittingly coincides with the release of ‘The Great Gatsby’, bringing to life the dramatic auto designs of the era.
The show is called Sensuous Steel because of the elegant styling cues and exaggerated features typical of the time period. Many of the autos from that era are extremely long and curvaceous. Think Rolls Royce and Bentley, and then stretch them out a bit and add more flair. Motoring in the past was all about being seen and showing off!
The show is offering the chance for viewers to get up close and personal with the sexy cars of the past, many of which are one-offs. Some of the autos on display have famous owners and some were never production cars. Many of these cars are rarely seen and it could be a long time before they emerge again. There are just 18 cars and 2 motorbikes in the show, and each one was carefully chosen to add impact.
There are 18 cars and 2 motorcycles included in the Sensuous Steel auto show, including the 1930 Henderson KJ Streamline pictured above.
- A 1929 Cord L-29 Cabriolet owned by Frank Lloyd Wright
- 1938 Talbot-Lago T-150C-SS Teardrop Coupe owned by Bill Marriott
- 1936 Stout Scarab
- 1934 Packard Twelve Model 1106 Sport Coupe by LeBaron
- 1933 Pierce Arrow Silver Arrow sedan
- 1937 Delahaye 135MS Roadster
- 1929 Bugatti Type 46 Semi-profile coupe
- 1930 Henderson KJ Streamline
- 1930 Jordan Model Z Speedway Ace Roadster
- 1940 Model 40 Special Speedster
- 1934 Viosin Type C27 Aerosport Coupe
- 1935 Chrysler Imperial Model C-2 Airflow Coupe
- 1936 Cord 810 ‘Armchair’ Beverly Sedan
- 1936 Delahaye 135M Figoni & Falaschi Competition Coupe
- 1938 Hispano-Suiza H6B Dubonnet ‘Xenia’ Coupe
- 1938 Tatra T97
- 1939 Bugatti Type 57C by Vanvooren
- 1939 Delage D8-120S Saotchik Cabriolet
- 1940 Indian Chief
- 1941 Chrysler Thunderbolt
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals