Significantly less husky than the cumbersome Mulsanne, the Bentley Continental has always been a hit. Now the brand is unleashing the 2013 Continental V8, and the videos are simply outstanding! View Bentley YouTube promotional video at bottom of post.
This may be a must-add to our fleet of exotic rental cars and would certainly stand out among our fleet of Bentley rentals. What do you think? Comment below.
Bentley Continental V8
Specifications for the Bentley Continental V8:
• New 4.0-liter V8 with 500 horsepower. That is 2/3rds of the displacement and piston count as the W12
• 0-60 mph in 4.6 seconds
• The engine is built by Audi and then sent to Bentley, where it is fitted with special external ancillaries and alterations
• This specialized engine has the ability to kill half of the 8 cylinders and operate as a V4. Driver impressions claim it is impossible to distinguish the difference!
• Two smaller and more responsive turbo-chargers are used in the V8
• 8-speed manual transmission (the W12 is a 6-speed)
• Improved thermal management and reduced drag and energy-recovery braking
• Overall, the V8 Continental models obtain an impressive 40% improvement in the MPG department and do a snazzy impression of Ron Burgundy’s apartment
Interact with Imagine Lifestyles on Facebook!
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals