The city by the lake has slowly evolved from a city known for their pizza into one of the country’s top culinary destinations. World famous chefs have been opening up their kitchens to Chicago residents more and more lately. Although price does not guarantee quality, the following 5 restaurants will surely come through with a bang when the check comes.
2) Charlie Trotter’s
1) Alinea (1723 N. Halsted) Think about the last time you went out to dinner for a second. Now imagine walking into Alinea for dinner and prepare for the exact opposite experience. Chef/Owner Grant Achatz truly has created a one-of-kind dining experience for every customer at this world-famous restaurant. Don’t worry about choosing between fish or steak with this menu either, instead go for the 24-course tasting menu, which is a legendary menu item within the culinary world. Bring your wallet and your patience as this experience will take up to 5 hours to complete and the average tab per diner will be around $200.
2) Charlie Trotter’s (816 W. Armitage) Many food critics and loyal customers will say this is the best restaurant in America. Obviously, cuisine is a highly debatable topic and everyone has his or her own ideas on what would go into creating the best restaurant in the World. What’s not debatable here is that Chef Trotter put Chicago on the map for fine dining when he opened this Lincoln Park delight. Using some of the finest ingredients, Chef Trotter guarantees a unique experience each time with his highly complex menu selections that change daily. Average tab per diner will be around $235.
3) Spiaggia (980 N. Michigan) Chef Tony Mantuano has truly created Chicago’s best Italian restaurant located right in the heart of the magnificent mile. What’s even more impressive in today’s culture where “Italian” restaurants are rarely included in the elite dining categories anymore, Chef Tony has made it a priority to remain the best. Opened in 1984, this timeless four-star restaurant keeps impressing its’ critics and customers alike. Average tab per diner will run right around $100.
4) Everest (440 S. LaSalle) Located on the 40th floor of the Chicago Stock Exchange, Chef Jean Joho’s French cuisine is some of the best in the city. Offering the best view of the city of restaurants on our list, the food is equally impressive. Imagine Lifestyles would highly recommend the Filet of Dover Sole, excellently prepared and a perfect compliment for a glass of wine from the award winning wine list. Average tab per diner is $165.
5) Moto (945 W. Fulton) Looking for some new-age fusion dining, head to this chic new restaurant where your waiter is also a chef. If given a tour of the kitchen, most people would think they were re-enrolling in chemistry class. Chef Homaro Cantu’s menu has truly become the worldwide leader in using molecular gastronomy. Try the 10-course tasting menu on your first visit to get a sample of this new-age cuisine. Average tab per diner is $180.
Chicago joins many cities with some of the best and most expensive restaurants. Anyone and everyone who loves good food must take a pitstop in Chicago. While you are here check our our fleece of Chicago exotic rental cars.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals